Lucky In Love

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 115 - Mondays

Mondays are never any fun; however, I use Monday as my countdown to my hubbys leave. If it is approved then I will see him in Six weeks! I have pictured that day at the airport picking him up over and over in my mind. How glorious and amazing it will be to have him in my arms. It has been four months since the last time we hugged, kissed, or held hands. Looking back at the time that has passed astounds me that it has been that long. But then I am quickly brought back to the reality that he will return and it will be more than four months til he returns home forever. Next summer is in my thoughts every day. It gets me through each day. Our future.... moving to Washington State! Kinda scary for this California born and bred girl, but so exciting at the same time. I can't wait to get up there and decorate the house, find a job, cook dinner at home, curl up on the couch together. I'm going to miss my family like crazy, but it will be temporary. Long enough for hubby to retire from the Reserves in October, put the house on the market and for him to put in a transfer to California. Then we can buy a home here and start our family. It gets me through each day here knowing there is so much to look forward to.

Talked to hubby this morning and he has a cold. Probably the weather change. Spending the last six months in over 100 degree weather and then having it drastically drop to 60 degree weather can do that to ya. And so that I can document things that happen while he is there, they have a new General and he has decided to make some changes. When hubby first arrived they had nowhere for his class of 28 to go. They held them for a few weeks until they could find assignments. They placed them in random places all over the country. Thankfully my hubby was sent to a place that is for the most part really quiet. The new General has decided that they should be placed back into their original assignments. This means hubby goes back a place that is not so quiet nowadays. I really try not to worry about his safety. It is always in the back of my mind, but I try not to dwell on it. But with this possible move in the next month... I am worried. And honestly, I have been having some panic attacks (chest pain) recently that I can only relate to this deployment. Every day is something different. I suppose I will never get used to the way the military operates and changes things that suit them.

It is wedding week here in California... so happy to only be working two days this week. Wednesday my family will be driving up to the Bay area. My sister has found the most amazing Lodge/Resort to be married at. We arrive Thursday afternoon. That evening will be the "something blue" rehearsal dinner. Friday morning is breakfast and then to the bridal salon/suite we will go for makeup and hair. The ceremony is at 3pm. The weather forecast is predicting rain and/or snow.... Praying it holds off until Saturday since it is set to be an outdoor ceremony in the mountains. Saturday morning we will be driving into Lake Tahoe after breakfast and spending the evening there. I can't wait to take my nieces and nephew swimming in the heated indoor swimming pool. And Sunday is back to reality driving back home. Time to memorize my Maid of Honor Speech :-)

No comments: