Lucky In Love

Friday, August 10, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes

When I first began reading blogs I read any that caught my interest - mommy blogs, adoption blogs, infertility blogs, recipe blogs.... So when I began my blog a little over a year ago it was to get me through my husband's year long deployment. Well I am now living in Washington state, thankfully not having to stress about finding a job and enjoying every day spent with my husband. We have travelled to Hawaii and took a mini-weekend vacation to Reno. I am enjoying finding recipes on Pinterest and being a housewife. But my focus the last three months have been trying to get pregnant naturally; however, with one ovary, endometriosis, and my age - pregnancy has not occurred. So I will now be writing to keep a journal for myself as I dive headfirst into doctor's appointments, fertility testing, consultations, etc. A deployment blog that will now become an infertility blog. I suppose God had me reading blogs so that I would be prepared for this day. And though I know I am not alone, this road definitely feels lonely at times. It is emotional and draining. And it sucks! I cry, I get angry, I am optimistic - its a rollercoaster.

I have to put out there that being home and seeing the "crap" reality television on the daily does not help.... "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" "16 and pregnant" "Teen Moms" "High School Moms".... Are you kidding me?!  These people popping out kids left and right that they cannot even take care of is on 24/7. You know it would be nice if they had more shows on the reality of how hard it is for average people to get pregnant and how damn expensive it is. Just sayin.

Yesterday was my first appointment in Washington state with the gynecologist. I have to say that I got really lucky and she was wonderful. She was completely pro-active and on board with getting the ball moving with getting me pregnant. So Monday I go for an HSG test and then move from there.

And through all of this my hubby has been AMAZING!!! He is supportive and ready to go as far as we need to.

Let's do this!

No comments: