Lucky In Love

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 311 - Weekend Wrap Up

I have been thinking about celebrating my 40th birthday with my family @ Legoland for almost an entire year and Saturday was the day. I took advantage of the great ticket prices at the MWR on base. I'm still getting used to these perks of being a military wife. Back to Legoland... It was so very exciting and fun to see it through the eyes of the four year old seated next to me in the picture below.
 
He just recently in the last few months has become obsessed with Legos. My mom had saved all of my brothers Legos from childhood. So watching his kids play with them has been really neat. The last time we were at Legoland he was just a baby so this time was really exciting. My nephew had the best time and wanted to go on all the rides over and over. We had my dad with us who had a hip replacement about 12 years ago so a park employee suggested we take advantage of the handicap pass they offer (like Disneyland does). Fast pass track to all the rides... What a lifesaver! We walked on to every ride and it was wonderful.  Got to do almost everything in the park in the short eight hours that the park was open. It was the best way to celebrate 40!
My niece hadn't been to the park since she was four and had no memory of the park. She had a blast! She was a brave one and went on the rollercoasters. I screamed like a little girl and she thought it was hilarious. I am so lucky to have such a fun family. I am going to miss times like these when I move in a few short weeks. But I know that I will visit often and we will be moving back to San Diego asap!

It is my last week of work.... Thank the Lord!  Eight and 1/2 years there and I can't wait to be on a break from working.  I love what I do but the last nine months there have been really horrible and boring.  It's time for a much needed and deserved break. I am so so excited to spend June with my honey and go to Hawaii.

No comments: