Lucky In Love

Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 59 Traveling

We are 59 days into this deployment and it doesnt seem to get any easier. Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of September 11th. The reason my husband is now half a world away from me. I never imagined that I would marry a military man nor would I imagine how 9/11 would touch my life yesterday. I felt so many emotions: anger, sadness, depression, hope, pride. It was a heavy day. I am so glad that I went to church though. God makes everything better. While I cried as I worshipped, I knew that this was just a season in my life and next year at this time my husband and I will be together. But I still get angry that we are sending our men and women to a war that will never end. While I am thankful that my husband is in hopefully the safest part of the country, I am still upset that he is even over there. His duties in my eyes have absolutely nothing to do with ending the war on terror. And he is traveling today to the other side of the country. My anxiety is so high. It makes me so nervous when he is in the air over there and then the drive from the airport to the base. It is so difficult to concentrate when my mind is on him and his safety. And then we he travels back on Saturday I will be a nervous wreck also. All for what?!  So the country has a new computer system!  Jeopardizing our families lives for a country that will not change and does not want us there. At the same time I am so proud of my husband for doing his duty. Doing what he signed up for. Never complaining. Going with the flow. He loves the Navy. He loves being a chief. And that is one of the reasons why I love him. He is so honorable and has the best work ethic. I know he does all he can to secure his safety to make sure I dont worry. But I worry. I always will. Until he comes home.

No comments: