Lucky In Love

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 100 - My self proclaimed first milestone

350 days.... How am I going to do 350 days away from my husband? While he is in a foreign country where danger is always there. I still dont know the answer to that question. It is NOT easy. That I do know for sure.
Well I have made it 100 days. I suppose it is an accomplishment. It doesn't quite feel like one. Now my countdown is til he comes home on leave. I try really hard not to think about the 6 more months after he leaves.

It isnt any easier at day 100 than it was on day 1... Every day is a challenge. At the moment it is lack of internet. I look forward to the few minutes I get on the phone with my husband. Since he moved rooms he has no internet so we must be at the mercy of the phone center at the camp. The phones that have a 6 second delay... so frustrating.

And then to learn that others from his training class in Lousiana are being sent home permanently in December. How did those few get so lucky? Why can't they all be sent home? Especially the ones they really have no purpose for. As my husband is now maybeon  his 3rd or 4th job since he arrived. Not one of them being what he was sent there for. 

So I suppose that since I made it to day 100 I will make it to 200 and 300.

No comments: